Systems Support Engineer
As a System Support Engineer you will be responsible for the Network Service Management Tools infrastructure. This position is suitable also for junior candidates.
- Running and maintaining the Network Service Management Tools infrastructure used for Network Management, data collection and reporting.
- Safeguarding the integrity of the reporting infrastructure (databases, web portal and a set of customized tools and utilities written in Perl).
- Embedding of new tools/reporting solutions in the day-to-day run and maintain activities of the team
- Development of scripts and small applications in this environment.
- Participate in a 24×7 call out schedule
- Reviewing documentation during the handover and acceptance process for new systems and applications
- Sharing knowledge and experience.
- Participate in development projects to safeguard infrastructure stability and availability during design and deployment of new software.
- Bachelors in Computer Sciences or
- Major course work in Information Technology, Telecommunications, Data communications.
- Further qualifications or certifications in IT will be advantageous especially in relation to IP networking (Cisco) or network management systems.
- In depth knowledge on MySQL / Perl, Linux/Unix, CVS, GIT and Apache
- System administration experience on Windows (2008/20012) server and Linux/Unix
- Strong team player with the ability to initiate and maintain strong relationships with other sub-process peers
- Knowledge of ITIL processes, especially Problem and Incident Management
- Systems and Network management background
- Technical knowledge of Network Management Systems, network protocols, especially SNMP
- Experience in LDAP and/or Microsoft AD is a definite plus
- Knowledge about in Cisco WAN routing & LAN switching
- Solid technical support skills
- Good problem solving skills
- Good communications skills
- Self-Starting capability and mind set
- The ability to function in a dynamic, informal and challenging environment
- The ability and willingness to learn new skills quickly
- Fluent English and Slovak (spoken/written)
WHAT WE OFFER:
- To work for modern Slovak company, who adhere philosophy of family company
- Opportunity of career development (90% of careers rises are from internal sources)
- Company support of employees education
- Huge benefits program, with possibility to personalize it according to your preferences
- Support in life situations (for example marriage, child birth etc.)